for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Rastafari movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Rastafari movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never realized that Rastafarians use the Old Testament as the base of their religion as well. I've been unfamiliar with the history of it before now. I would very much like to see a movement that starts reclassifying things now seen as Judeo-Christian as Judeo-Christian-Rastafarian. That would make me chuckle.

Rastafari movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Some Rastafari choose to classify their religion as Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity, Protestant Christianity, or Judaism. Of those, the ties to the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church are the most widespread, though discussed controversially by their clergy. Rastafari believe that standard translations of the Bible incorporate changes created by the racist white power structure. They also revere the Ethiopian national epic, the Kebra Negast."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home