for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Blue & Red map is too harsh

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Blue & Red map is too harsh

I found this over on Boing Boing. Someone put together a map which uses a gradient of colors from 100% Democrat blue to 100% Republican red. The map lends much more hope of the compromises and possibilities we have in our political discourse than the stark red/blue map we are, dare I say it, being sold by the media in the interest of generating revenue, fear, and divisiveness. In his words, "I was thinking today about how the 'red v. blue' states graphic is really misleading considering the slim margins that the candidates won some of those states by, so I sat down and created the map that's attached. In the dozens of hours I've been watching the news I haven't seen one like it, but thought that you and the BoingBoing readers might find it interesting. I think it definitely portrays our fellow states far differently than the extreme way we've been seeing to date."

Click here for the map.

For readers who prefer divisiveness, here's a humorous map of North America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home