for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Food critic takes two teenagers to a four-star restaurant

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Food critic takes two teenagers to a four-star restaurant

I was especially struck by this article.

TWO STUDENTS, FOUR STARS

How does a four-star restaurant look through the eyes of a New York teenager eating at one for the first time?

I set out to find the answer with two students who weren’t happy about how I had portrayed them in an earlier story in the Dining section.

They are students at Food and Finance High School, the city’s first high school dedicated to mixing culinary education and academics. Overall, I heard through their teacher, they liked the story. But a couple of things really bothered them.

...

I decided the best way to remedy the situation was to let the girls speak their minds over lunch at Le Bernardin, with a little private kitchen tour to follow.

We had the best time. The girls opened my eyes to how both the world and Le Bernardin look when you’re 15 and new to both journalism and four-star dining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home