for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Monsanto now leading supplier of produce seeds

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

Monsanto now leading supplier of produce seeds

Oh, great. This just sucks. Man, how I hate Monsanto. Here comes major GMO produce.

Oligopoly Watch: Monsanto, the world's leading supplier of crop seeds has announced it will acquire privately-held Seminis, the leading supplier of fruit and vegetable seeds in the world. Seminis provides some 3,500 varieties of seeds to farmers and distributors. The deal between the two US-based companies will go for around $1.4 billion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home