for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Happy Birthday

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Birthday

Talking to you over the phone is such a poor substitute for what I got used to over our--what, nine years?--together. Frankly, there is no substitute for spending time with you. Being with Gabo gave me my archetype for the word friend. You gave me my archetype for the word family. I don't know, really, what having a sister would be like, but I don't really think it could be stronger than what I feel for you. I love you, and am so proud of you, my sister. I need to be with you again, if even for an hour, just so I can give you a hug and fall into talking while we walk.

Happy Birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

::hug::

You never could keep track of time. ;) There have been 11 years of friendship between us, and the tenth set of birthdays.

The best thing about falling into talking while walking alongside you is that we've at the very least grown out of arguing for the sake of arguing. I myself can't wait to do that again (walk and talk with you).

There's something about you, Solomon. I don't know what it is. I have some kind of understanding with you. Things are settled between us, somehow, and I never doubt my friendship with you for a second.

You've shaped my life in countless ways, and better than that, you've helped my son become the person that he is.

I love you.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home