for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Bombing for Choice

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Friday, February 04, 2005

Bombing for Choice

This blog has a Google Bombing campaign for moving abortion and Roe v. Wade Google searches away from inaccurate pro-life websites.

Bombing for Choice: Geekery Today 2005/02/01 :: Rad Geek People's Daily
While doing a bit of Googling for a citation of the decision in Roe v. Wade, I was reminded of a rather unpleasant fact: anti-abortion nuts have, up to this point, done a pretty good job at getting their agitprop ranked above factual information about Roe v. Wade and abortion in web searches. (On a related topic, see Crisis Pregnancy Centers Move Online.) As of 1 February 2005, the top search result for "Roe v. Wade"; on Google (the one you'll get from "I Feel Lucky") is not the text of the case; it's an anti-choice advocacy site called RoevWade-dot-org (I won't link it here, lest it throw off the Google Bombing); a one-stop shop for anti-abortion myths such as Post-Abortion Syndrome, the abortion-breast cancer link, and more, along with a heaping helping of wit and wisdom from everyone from "Feminists for Life" to Dr. James Dobson. You can find similar wingnut sites at the top of many other abortion-related Google searches.

Therefore, I propose that we do something about it. Specifically, I suggest we start throwing bombs.


Tip of the hat to Mark for pointing me to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home