for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Sex & The City

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sex & The City

Janella, Sarah and I just finished watching Sex and The City on DVD, season one through season six. This was done over the last month or so, and I was quite impressed. We watched Six Feet Under before this, dabbled with Dark Shadows, and I've decided that watching television shows on DVD doesn't have all of the pleasure sucked out of it like television itself does. Next we're planning to watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

In the last couple of episodes, there's a scene in the coffee shop when all four of the best friends are sitting at the table as Carrie is about to leave to Paris, possibly forever. In that scene she asks the others, "What if we had never met each other?" They all start bawling, of course. So did I. Nicole, Gabrielle, and Jennifer, my life would have been so much poorer if I had never met you. Despite my silences, I love all three of you and think about you all the time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Wonderful. Isn't HBO kick'in!

Ya know, the bad tv I love to watch also is Stargate.

Any takers? ;-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger the girl said...

Gabrielle convinced me to watch Sex and The City. I'm such a joiner and she and Jen seemed to be having such a good time with it. I must say, however, being on Season 2, I can't believe that you told me how it ended. :)

I feel the same way about you. I've been depressed the last few days and had I had more access to the Internet I would have posted that all I really wanted for my birthday was a visit from you (and perhaps a large sum of money). It's been so long since I've seen you, and when you see someone at their wedding they're awfully busy. :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Solomon said...

All you really know is the location of Paris, so nothing should be too spoiled. Perhaps you'll be even more hungry: "Does shw go to Paris? Doesn't she? Who with? Does she go with Mr. X?"

I miss you and Xander. I wish all our debt was gone so money choices didn't seem like I was choosing which toe to cut off to fit in my shoes.

Love you.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home