for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Christopher Buckley's must-read

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Christopher Buckley's must-read

This is a short essay from Christopher Buckley, William F. Buckley Jr.'s son, a loyal Republican."The Roquefort Cheese Wars" by Christopher Buckley: "Why does the question 'What if he wins?' sound, in this context, so ominous, as if it were the title of a big-screen disaster movie? Portent of tsunami and a frozen-over Manhattan?

W2 is not a terribly encouraging prospect. I say this as a loyal but dispirited Republican who will probably hold his nose on election day and pull the Republican lever. Every time I contemplate voting for Kerry--and I have--I consider the consequences, chiefly among them an even more insufferable Michael Moore, thumping his kettle drum chest and claiming credit for having changed the course of history. This is too dreary to contemplate.

But to answer the question, let me paraphrase Betty Davis: Fasten your seat belts, kids, we're in for a bumpy second term."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home