for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Warring parenting choices

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Warring parenting choices

Why We War:
What they are at war with, I guess, is a combination of their own inflated expectations and the haunting worry that they will let their children down. Sometimes, having fewer choices is easier than having too many. The parents in The Kindergarten Wars have oodles of choice. If they didn't have the money and the connections, they wouldn't have the agony of a year-long military campaign designed to capture a top spot. They'd make do. They'd probably sleep better at night.

But there's really no telling people, is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home