for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: A conversation between critic and creator

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A conversation between critic and creator

Roger Ebert gave a zero-star review of a film called Chaos (as did several other movie critics). The director and producer wrote him a letter back and he responded. The exchange is telling about the moral level which Ebert perceives about the critic's role. I think my best friend will find the exchange fascinating.

:: rogerebert.com:
The 'Deuce Bigalow' review speaks for itself. The review of 'Chaos,' which has not yet received a wide national release, deserves some discussion. I received a provocative letter from Steven Jay Bernheim, its producer, and David Defalco, its director, that is printed in an advertisement in the Weekend section of the Chicago Sun-Times. I reprint their letter here, followed by my response (which reveals important plot details).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home