for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: The 1984ness is creepy

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The 1984ness is creepy

The amazing doublespeak in this statement by Mayor Bloomberg astonishes me. Does he actually smell the crap he's shoveling, trying to elicit pride in our freedoms while sawing those freedoms to dust?

New York Starts to Inspect Bags on the Subways - New York Times: Mr. Bloomberg acknowledged that passengers might be inconvenienced. 'It's a complex world where, sadly, there are a lot of bad people,' he said. 'We know that our freedoms are threatening to certain individuals, and there's no reason for us to let our guard down.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home