for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: American casualties by branch

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Saturday, April 16, 2005

American casualties by branch

I've been looking for this info haphazardly for a while. I guess my brother-in-law did choose one of the safest branches to join.
The War in Iraq: Why It's Dangerous to be a Reservist:
Out of 1,235 troops killed (combat and accidents) in Iraq, the army has lost 858 dead, the marines 350, while the air force and navy combined have lost 27. For every 1,000 active duty army troops sent to Iraq, 2.64 have died. For the National Guard and reserves, about two soldiers have died for every thousand sent over. The marines, navy and air force send troops over for different length tours, so their death rates are not comparable. But the marine rate is probably closer to 3 per thousand, while the air force and navy rate is under 1. For every death, there are about eight more wounded or injured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home