for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Santa Claus

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa Claus

This is how I feel about Santa Claus nowadays:

santa claus - MotheringDotCommune Forums: "[my son] recently asked me if machines and cars might really be Transformers from another planet. I didn't tell him yes or no. I asked what he thought and he told me that, since he's pretty sure there are aliens out there (I agree), there might be Transformers on Earth. He clearly wants to embrace this possibility and I did not affirm or deny -- just told him that nobody really knows what sort of other life exists out there in the universe. Humans don't know everything so I think it's perfectly fine for my 5-y-o to posit some of his own theories and try them on for size. Now, if he still believes that our dishwasher is Optimus Prime in hiding when he's 30, that could be problematic! Lol."

2 Comments:

Blogger Hennifer said...

This is my current approach to both Santa Claus and religion. E is big on God/Jesus right now but in regards to the holiday he's all about menorahs and St. Nicholas.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Solomon said...

Menorahs? How'd he get drawn to menorahs over the holiday, did he just like the look of them?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home