for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Bald Jason's Musings - about J and I

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bald Jason's Musings - about J and I

Now, see, this is the problem with blogs without RSS or Atom feeds. I miss new entries and forget to check the blog for a couple of weeks. I especially hate missing entries from people I like; doubly especially when they're about Janella and I; triply especially when they're so sweet and flattering. I swear (and I'd say this whether or not Jason had just flattered us) that Jason is one of the sweetest and most colorful people I've met in a long time.

Janella and I have a habit of watching movies on DVD almost every night. I realize that's kind of a boring way to spend one's evening for many people, but that's one of the 4,182 reasons that Janella and I are perfect for each other because we don't find it boring. (Hey, recently we've been going out bowling too!) Well, about two long blocks from our house is a special Hollywood Video store which has 1000s and 1000s of independent films. Janella and I started becoming regulars there when we had late fees at the other two video stores we frequented and found out that this particular video store didn't care whether we paid our late fees or not before renting another video. (Late fees, late payments, and forgetting to return library books are another one of the 4,286 reasons that Janella and I are perfect for each other.)

Janella and I realized that all of the staff at this video store seemed to share a certain friendliness and rapport with us which we appreciated. But Janella and I began to realize that one of them made us smile and laugh and get all giddy with enjoyment when we encountered him. This was Jason, or as we called him before we realized that everybody calls him this, Bald Jason. One of us would always say, "Oh, I hope Bald Jason's there" or disappointingly comment that "Jason wasn't there."

Jason was just so refreshingly candid, even in the short back and forth that exists in customer/video store guy interactions. Now, I will admit that I had more opportunity than most to observe and appreciate the candor which is Jason because of my habits in a video store. See, it can take me half an hour (EACH TIME), if not longer, to peruse a video store for my current selection (the acceptance of which is one of the 4,385 reasons that Janella and I are perfect for each other). Janella and I are both eavesdroppers, inappropriately interested in all the conversations around us while we do our thing, so I'd overhear all the interactions which Jason would have with other customers as I wander through the store trying to find a movie. (SIDENOTE: Having Moviehound and other movie books in a video store does not help my speed of choosing.)

Janella and I came to relish the short conversations we would have with Jason as he would look at our movies and we would talk about whatever. In the interest of fairness and being non-prejudgemental (even in a positive way), I would like to separate my like of Jason from his sexuality but I can't. One of the most refreshing parts of Jason when we first met him was how refreshingly candid he was about his sexuality; not that he's flaming in his homosexuality, but he wears his sexuality like a good hat (you can't help but notice when someone's wearing a good hat). Add to that candidness a shot of flamboyancy and a true geeks knowledge of good and bad film and you can see why Janella and I were interested.

So, about three weeks ago, Janella and I went out with Jason and his housemate, Mark, for a sit down in a restaurant (it was like a first date or something). And it rocked! The same rapport was there for an extended time that existed in the safe relationship in the video store. Yay!

Of course, then I put getting together off for a while (new wedding photography business + procrastination). And it's not like it's too late, but I am annoyed that getting together again dropped out of my consciousness for this long. I should have remembered to read his blog though, because then I would have seen this entry two weeks ago! It's unfortunate that blogs without RSS feeds escape my notice because of my extensive use of Bloglines.

Ah, well. I guess I just wanted to say that I was flattered.

Bald Jason's Musings:
I want to hang out with Solomon & Janella again. I like that they read my blog, and that they get excited about random stuff, that I get excited about. We're all excited about each other. lol. And we're all so damned adorable. They make me smile, which is something that I cherish; and it's a quality shared by each of my best friends, which is a very good sign. And I want to talk with them more; hanging out with them the one time, I felt like I was trying talk about everything at once, and that I didn't get to say half as much as I really wanted to. lol But it was fun.

The first time I saw Solomon, that I can remember, I thought he was hot. I mean, I still do, but, the xxx rated thoughts that I had when I first saw him, aren't present anymore, because I know him in larger context now, and those images were replaced within the context of our friendship; does that make sense? And the first time I spoke to Solomon I liked his laughter & sense of humor, and his...Leftism. lol And when I met Janella, instead of being disappointed or jealous, I was enraptured by them as a couple; these guys are so perfect for each other that my petty little momentary lust was completely transformed into friendly banter, and the rest is history. I really like them alot, and I hope we will grow to be great friends.

That was something I've wanted to type in here, for awhile, but held back on because I didn't want to offend them, or bother them, or make them feel weird, but I don't feel weird about it, so I doubt they will either; they'll probably be flattered. Even if they aren't, this is my fucking blog. lol Alright. Now that I'm a bit jazzed up, and a bit nervous about the response to this, I'm gonna get some food, pop some vitamins, and wash some more of my wacky father's clothes.

3 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

I know that this wasn't the point of this entry, but this was an amazing line and reminded me of what a great writer you are:

...he wears his sexuality like a good hat (you can't help but notice when someone's wearing a good hat).

9:34 AM  
Blogger the girl said...

Oh, and it still cracks me up that I refused for so long to believe that you had really become a leftist. Now it's getting hard to believe you used to be so conservative.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Bald Jason said...

Thanks again for this post Solomon; it never fails to cheer me up. ;-0)

Bald Jason
http://www.gothboy.com

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home