for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: So much left unsaid

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, October 14, 2004

So much left unsaid

I had an interview yesterday, which went pretty well, I think. But I'm struck by how much is left unaddressed or unspoken when talking about my passions and heartfelt interests. I never touched on my love of Slow Food or my belief in its importance and effectiveness in revitalizing local food economies. I never talked about my long term dream of turning Ann Arbor into the first (or at least one of the first) Slow City in the United States. I felt as if I left unscratched the importance of sustainability in food businesses, not just in farming but beyond that--especially my curiosity about the Southeast Michigan Sustainable Business Forum. I didn't talk about the Local Food Systems Masters Project and my excitement around that. I left unspoken my desire to have producer-consumer interactions become a common part of the Ann Arbor food scene. So much for which we can become a focal point...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home