for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Kerry on Jesus

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Kerry on Jesus

My religious beliefs are certainly not the same as either Kerry's or Bush's, but when I hear Bush talk about the role of religion in his life I get scared of the decisions he's going to make, what with all his talk of "good" and "evil." I'm not scared of the political decisions Kerry would make based on his religious beliefs, assuming that 30% of the following isn't just spin but partly true.

John Kerry and Jesus:
Katie Couric: "You gave a speech this weekend on faith and values, two things that have heretofore fallen under the purview, if you will, primarily of the Republican party. Why was this important to you? You quoted the Bible, what, four times? Why was this something that you wanted to talk about?"

John Kerry: "It's part of who I am. It's part of what I intend to bring to the presidency. As president, I believe that we are -- those of us guided by faith, have to live out our faith. You don't just talk about faith. You live your faith. And faith puts certain moral responsibilities on you. If you believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and I do, then you believe that you have some responsibility to other people. To community, to the poor, to the sick, to those less fortunate. I don’t think that our policies in the last years have lived up to the values that we ought to be living up to."


Thanks to Psychotria Nervosa for pointing me to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home