for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Synergistic nature of the blog world

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Synergistic nature of the blog world

One of the aspects of blogging and this world of blog space that exists, like a library with margins you're all allowed to write in, is how thoughts about religion and politics and sex and such (those things which some hold to be private or guarded opinions) can be placed into the space and possibly generate a session of soliloquies all surrounding a certain subject. Nicole might talk of her spiritual thoughts and receive comment on them, but then it can spawn others talking about theirs because of reading hers. They aren't really interacting with each other since everyone is just writing in the margins of blogspace, but it becomes like a large bathroom wall with a lot of interconnected graffiti. I'm more inclined to talk about my spirituality because she is, she's more inclined to post photographs because I am, and we have conversations that we could never have face-to-face because of our self-proclaimed moralistic and self-righteous natures, eliminating some of the enneagramatic defenses we cling to voice-to-voice, email-to-email.

I wonder how related blogging and writing graffiti are psychologically.

1 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

Of course sometimes there are interactions in the form of discussions, both in comments or via email. I think that if someone comments and then you respond, and that thus spurns an actual conversation or dialogue, then that is more than just interconnected graffiti.

(I like that image, by the way.)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home