for-real-things-I-know
For Real Things I Know: Sky Captain, Part II

For Real Things I Know

Fine-art digital photography, liberal hard left-leaning politics, and personal mindspace of Solomon

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Sky Captain, Part II

Chicago movie theaters, movie reviews, movie photos, movie news: "Even the film was put through the ringer--literally. (Conran ran the color film through a diffusion filter, tinted the diffused images black and white and then added color back in.)"

I know this could be really bad. I still want to see it though. I think of this movie as a step in the evolution of comic books onto the movie screen. Today, the comic books that I grew up on are finally able to completely be translated onto the movie screen. Because of this newfound ability, directors and cinematographers and computer design wizards are in the middle of experimenting with their various visions of comic books in cinema. With my adolescent love of comic books and their overwhelming role in my youth, I couldn't be more excited to see it all taking place. I'm such a geek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home